UPDATE: All new featured RV tours will be posted on my other website, Wanderful RV Interiors. Existing tours will slowly be moved to the new website, and anything already moved will automatically redirect.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase we (or those featured in this post) may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. View our full-disclosure here.
I think I may be in over my head. Scratch that. I definitely AM in over my head. As you may know Eric and I decided to join in on The One Room Challenge this year, and holy cow is it kicking our butts!
For those that are new here, the One Room Challenge is an interior design event that happens twice a year where bloggers have the opportunity to transform one room over a 6 week period. The plan is to transform our 2008 Tiffin Allegro Openroad 32LA into a Mountain Modern Motorhome. You can read more about it in Week 1, check out our inspiration and plans in week 2, and see the progress we made in week 3 and week 4.
It seems this past week was the week of Murphy’s law, AND the week I realized how some of the ideas I had planned may not pan out.
I’m not going to get too much into detail right now but let’s just say finding products you love, that are lightweight, AND can work with the odd RV sizes and dimensions can be a real challenge.
On the plus side, I now know WAY more about faucets, sinks, hinges, and lighting than I ever thought possible. I have also never had so much trouble googling something and not finding the answers I need.
Anyway, rather than go on and on and on and on and on about everything that went wrong this past week, let’s focus on the positive, shall we?.
I ordered the supplies for some DIY light fixtures AND received them, yay!
After looking into reclaimed wood options, I made the decision (mostly due to budget) to make new wood look old for some trim areas of the RV. I was happy to put my grandpa’s old planer to use, even if it’s not what it was originally intended for.
We also removed the cabinet that was previously holding the TV at the front of the RV. Taking things out of the RV is no easy task with the super long bolts and a crazy number of staples used.
At least we know Tiffin did a good job making sure it was secure. We plan to replace it with a new cabinet that is pretty flush with the other two, which means we will get even more light from the windshield, yay!
We recently posted how we built the media cabinet inside our RV, which has a TV lift and electric fireplace, but it was nice to get the hinged top built and painted.
Not gonna lie, it turned out even better than we imagined! We had ordered some special wood for the cabinets but didn’t get it in time so we had to go an alternate route.
We’ll be sharing the finished media cabinet in a couple of days so be sure to stop by.
We basically realized this past week that the kitchen isn’t going to get finished by next Thursday, especially since I also realized that the faucet I previously purchased won’t work (boooooo). We have more than enough to do as is and I’m trying not to feel too lame about it. I sorta knew we may not get to it, but decided to aim high anyway.
We are down to the wire with only 1 week to go and 8734598437495837 projects left, but one thing I do know is that we are going to get a lot done this next week and the front of the RV is going to look sooooo much better than it did when we started! At this point, I’m going to try and be okay with progress over perfection.
We will reveal all of the progress we have made to the front of the RV next Thursday so don’t forget to check back!
Check out the Other ORC participants
Get your daily design inspiration and those pinning fingers ready by checking out each blogger’s room transformations. You can find links to the invited design blogger’s rooms HERE and the guest participants HERE. You can also see what other participants are doing by searching the hashtag #oneroomchallenge or #ORC on social media channels.